This week has been crazy também! I think that I probably just need to get used to that. Anyway, so much has happened and I still absolutely adore my companion. She has so much patience listening to me talk because I know I sound like a child when I try to speak Portuguese.
- there is a herd of like 20 stray dogs that hang out with each other in one part of our area. (btw all the dogs here are ugly ugly ugly)
- it's mango season and I'm pretty sure I've eaten mango every single day since being here. I'm not upset...
- it's craaaaazy hot. I'm melting. and because it's so hot my ankles were way swollen last week. That wasn't fun.
- a couple days ago we started talking to this old couple that live next door to our investigator and the woman was preaching to US about how Jesus helped her quit smoking, OH GLORIA, how we need charity, ALELUIA, we need humility, JESUS É BOM! Things like this, and then we asked if we could offer a prayer before we left and as I start to pray this couple stand up and, yelling, start praising the heavens!! I prayed for patience, reverence and love for others, but they definitely didn´t hear that... Once I finished they stood there chanting praises for seriously 5 more minutes.. then we left. Seriously the weirdest experience of my life.
- açai is amazing.
- tan lines are real. My chaco tan and farmers tan will last through the eternities.
- We have a baptism next week for the cutest 95 year old woman. Mom, she said to let you know that she is my other grandma;) her family are members and I guess now she's finally ready to accept the gospel. She's really excited for her baptism:)
- when we were teaching in the street the other day, a guys asked where I was from and I said the US and in the middle of our lesson he proceeds to take a photo of me with his phone... okay.
- so with all the crazy animals that are always in the streets it only makes sense that I had to herd a frog out of our ghetto kitchen last week. That was actually really fun.
Feliz Natal familia e amigos!
I want you all to remember why Christmas is important and there's a lovely video about it. I don't know the exact name of the video in English, but here it is in Portuguese:
Ele é o Presente natal.mormon.org