February 16, 2015

semana beleza

While you were all celebrating Valentine's day in the US we are here celebrating Carnaval. Haha and by that I mean all the stores are closed and everyone went to the beach this week. Normally we have about 90 people in our ward, but yesterday at church we had 24. lol. That's okay because Francisco was baptized yesterday!! I love him! He's the sweetest and most humble man I've met here and he was finally baptized! whoo hoo! He has such a sweet spirit about him and I don't know how to describe it, but I can feel my love for my family growing when I see the love he and his family have for each other. How amazing it is that with any circumstance, and the people here live in all different types of circumstances, the gospel of Jesus Christ will always bring peace, comfort and joy. :)

Also this week we helped plan a birthday party with a member family in our ward for their 6 year old son. We picked guava - I think that's what they're called in English - and then made like a thousand brigadeiros. Look them up if you don't know what they are:) 

And at this very moment there are about 10 guys in the street with drums and then 2-3 guys in big costumes made of tons of pieces of fabric that are parading through the neighborhood for Carnaval:) Haha I can't help but laugh sometimes at how odd this sounds to write, but how normal it is for me now...

I love you and don't ever forget it.
-sis pace

Fun facts:
  • Sister Cunha made it to her 1 year mark so we celebrated with açai and forró!
  • I herded more frogs out of our house this week.
  • Cashews are actually in the stem of the fruit. Not inside.
  • The talk "Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence" from the most recent General Conference is really, really good and you ought to go and read it.






No comments:

Post a Comment